Temperatures are dropping...YES YES YES! Colder weather not only means my hair will no longer look like Einstein's, but it also means LAYERS. A fashion girls dream. I've never understood how stylish ladies could love summer (looking at you Leandra Medine) because to me dressing gets more exciting the more cloths you put on (hello pattern play). So in honor of THE best fashion season here is a round up of great ways to incorporate layers.
Fall is my favorite season and I'm so thankful it's finally here after a long steamy summer in Chicago. There is something about autumn that feels like a new beginning each year. I get giddy when the bright leaves cover the ground and the air starts to cool.
Each season I try to make to do lists; things I want to accomplish before the next season starts. It's usually pretty typical stuff (go to the beach in the summer, have hot coco in the winter, ect) but it really helps me feel like I'm making the most out of that time of year and keeps me from having regrets when the time passes. Here is my list of what I'm going to do this fall:
- Bake the perfect apple pie. I already attempted this two weekends ago and it was such a failure! ( I don't recommend this recipe )
- Take a long job along the Lakefront Trail
- Bad scary movie marathon while eating candy corn and drinking pumpkin beer (here's a list to start with)
- Carve pumpkins. Mike and I bought pumpkins last year and then never carved them, not this year!
- Have a picnic in the park before it gets too cold. Doing it solo is a great idea also.
- Work on my buttermilk biscuit recipe in time for Thanksgiving. Last year my biscuits were less than impressive and I want them to be the star of the meal this year.
- Take the train out to the 'burbs to see the foliage in nature.